- To provide an avenue for the extension of musical studies and lifetime enrichment for instrumentalists of all ages and expertise.
- To promote traditional concert band repertoire through rehearsals and performances.
- To supply musical accompaniment to special events for the benefit of both the musicians and the audience.
We are a non-profit, tax-exempt organization under IRS § 501(c)(3), Tax #83-0305493
Board of Directors
Elections are held at the beginning of the fall season.
The JHCB Season runs from first rehearsal in late august to last performance in July (or August for special events)
- 7:00-9:00 PM Thursdays
- Location – The performing arts wing of the Center For The Arts between Glenwood & Cache. Enter through door facing the parking lot. The rehearsal room is upstairs.
- Season begins first Thursday after Grand Teton Music Festival summer concert series ends, (end of August)
- No Rehearsal Thanksgiving
- Two to three week break for the December Holidays
- Resume first Thursday after January 1st.
- Annual holiday potluck may take place of first rehearsal.
- Two week break to correspond with the Teton County Wyoming School District.
- Summer Break after last Concert in July until late August.
Formal Concerts – “A Concerts”
These concerts are scheduled yearly by the board and conductor.
- Halloween Concert
- End of October
- Holiday Concert
- Beginning of December
- Spring Concert
- Varies end of March to beginning of May
- Jackson Lake Lodge Patriotic Concert
- Typically the weekend before the 4th of July
Community Events – “B Concerts”
These events are scheduled by others
- Old Bills
- Second Saturday morning in September
- Mid October
- Lighting of the Town Square
- Friday evening after Thanksgiving
- Special Olympics Opening Ceremonies
- Typically second Tuesday evening in February
- Saturday morning week before Memorial Day
- Old West Days Parade
- Saturday morning of Memorial Day weekend
- Independence Day Events
- Parade – Morning
- Additional performances vary
The Jackson Hole Community Band is sometimes requested for community special events.